Speed Tip: Proper “Armswing” is key to faster running.
- Swing the arms forward and backward, not across the body.
- Swing the arms from the shoulders.
- Keep the elbows bent at about 90 degrees and focus on driving them backward.
- The hands should pass the body at pocket height.
- Swing the arms powerfully through a full range of motion. Chin height to pass the butt.
- Keep the shoulders and hands relaxed. The shoulders should be down and the hands should be relaxed but firm. Do not clench your fist or flop the hands.
Concord- Gamespeed sports provides running training to youth athletes in a variety of sports. Ready to Raise Your Game? Check out our Speed Skills Classes